The Best Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe EVER October 16, 2020
Come to the fresh side, we have cookies! Chocolate chip cookies to be exact. We might be biased, but this just might be the BEST chocolate chip cookie recipe ever.
You can’t go wrong with a perfectly crunchy-on-the-outside and melt-in-your-mouth middle chocolate chip cookie. We looked far and wide for the classic cookie combo and created the BEST chocolate chip cookie recipe ever. They’re so easy to make and decadent that we’re giving you permission to eat them all in one sitting.
Easy Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe
Here’s what you’ll need:
- 1 Cup + 2 Tablespoons Salted Butter (cut into 1/2-inch pieces)
- 1/2 Cup Granulated Sugar
- 1/4 Cup Light Brown Sugar
- 1 Teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 2 1/4 Cups All-Purpose Flour
- 6 Ounces Dark Chocolate Chips
- 1 Large Egg, beaten
- Coarse Sugar, for rolling
- Flaky Sea Salt, for sprinkling
Here’s what you’ll do:
1. Add the butter, both types of sugar, and vanilla to a medium bowl and beat with an electric mixer until light and fluffy, 4-5 minutes.
2. Use a spatula to scrape down the sides of the bowl. Switch the mixer to low, and slowly add the flour and chocolate chips. Beat until there are small lumps but the dough is not completely smooth.
3. Halve the dough, then wrap each half in plastic wrap.
4. Form the dough into 2 logs, smoothing each out by rolling on the counter.
5. Chill each log until totally firm, about 2 hours.
6. Once cool, preheat the oven to 350ºF and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
7. Remove the plastic wrap, brush the outside of the logs with egg wash, and roll in the coarse sugar.
8. Slice each log into 1/2-inch-thick rounds and place on the baking sheet. Sprinkle with flaky sea salt.
9. Bake until edges begin to brown, 13-15 minutes.
10. Let cool slightly before serving.