1 Batter, 4 Holiday Cookie RecipesDecember 2, 2020
No need to dig for all your holiday cookie recipes. Cut down on your holiday hustle-bustle with one (and only one) go-to cookie batter that can be personalized to your sweet tooth’s content. We’ve got 4 of our favourite versions for you below.
One cookie batter fits all here. Think of this recipe as a blank slate for all your holiday cookie cravings. Add whatever toppings or flavours suits your taste, all you need is the base.
Cookie Dough Base
Yields 12 Cookies
- 1 Egg
- 1 1/2 Cups All-Purpose Flour
- 1/2 Cup Cornstarch
- 1 Cup Unsalted Butter, cubed
- 3/4 Cups Brown Sugar
- 1 Teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 1/2 Cup Milk
- Pinch Salt
- Preheat oven to 375ºF.
- Combine dry ingredients (flour, cornstarch, sugar, and salt).
- Add butter and mix until well combined.
- Add vanilla and egg. Mix well.
- Slowly add milk, mixing until dough is smooth and sticky.
- Separate dough into 4 bowls.
- Add custom flavors to each bowl (see below).
- Drop rounded tablespoons of dough on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Bake until golden brown, 10-12 minutes, then let cool.
1. White Chocolate, Pistachio, and Cranberries
Top cookie rounds with white chocolate chips, dried cranberries, and crushed pistachios before baking.
2. Honey Butterscotch Pecan
Add 1 tablespoon molasses to the dough, then top cookie rounds with pecans before baking. Once baked, drizzle caramel syrup on top.
3. Gingerbread and Spice
Add 1 tablespoon ground ginger, 3 teaspoons cinnamon, and 1 teaspoon all spice to dough. Once baked, decorate with a drizzle of white icing and red and green sugar sprinkles.
4. Chocolate Peppermint
Add 2 tablespoons powdered cacao to the dough. Before baking, top cookie rounds with dark chocolate chips and bits of a crushed peppermint stick.
And if you need more holiday cookie recipes to satisfy your sweet tooth, check out these Sugar and Spice cookies we whipped up specially for #FreshFam this holiday season.
This total recipe makes 12 cookies but once it is quartered, each flavour would have 3 cookies. Are the measurements for the flavour how much to be added to the quartered dough or to the total dough ball?