How To Make Homemade Oat Milk March 13, 2019
Store in the fridge (for up to a week) until your ready to drink and enjoy! This homemade oat milk recipe is not only more delicious than anything you could pick up on a supermarket shelf, but it also gives you total control over sweetness and consistency at a fraction of the cost.
Homemade Oat Milk Recipe
Here’s what you’ll need to make your own DIY oat milk at home:
- 1 Cup Rolled Oats, Gluten-Free (if needed)
- 2 Cups Filtered Water
- Pinch of Salt, optional
- Dash of Maple Syrup, optional
- Dates, optional
Here’s what you’ll do:
- Add oats, filtered water, and desired sweeteners to a blender. Maple syrup is an easy way to sweeten your milk with an ingredient you likely already have in your pantry. You can also blend in some dates for a nutritious and natural sweetener.
2. Blend all the ingredients until smooth.
3. In order to reserve the liquid, strain through a fine-mesh strainer, nut-milk bag, clean dish towel, or triple-layered cheesecloth.
4. Store in the fridge (for up to a week) until ready to drink. Be sure to shake the oat milk before consuming. Enjoy!
If you want to take your oat milk to the next level, we suggest pouring it in a bowl with some homemade granola and topping it with your favourite fresh fruit. We promise you’ll enjoy this breakfast upgrade every morning!
Looking to try more plant-based milk alternatives? Learn How To Make Your Own Almond Milk.