Sugar and Spice Holiday Cookie RecipeDecember 4, 2018
It’s official… the holiday season is upon us! It’s getting chilly outside, festive lights are twinkling, and holiday markets are all the rage, but nothing kicks off the holiday season like the scent of freshly baked cookies. We’ve whipped up this holiday cookie recipe to get you into the spirit this season.
Sugar and Spice Holiday Cookie Recipe:
Makes 24 Cookies.
- 2 Cups All-Purpose Flour
- 300ml Sweetened Condensed Milk
- 1/3 Cup Granulated Sugar
- 1 Teaspoon Ground Cinnamon
- 2 Tablespoons Brown Sugar
- 3 Tablespoons Turbinado Sugar
- 2 Tablespoons Red Sugar
- 3/4 Cup Unsalted Butter (Room temperature is best!)
- 1/2 Teaspoon Salt
- Preheat your oven to 350° and line baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, using a wooden spoon combine the butter with the sugar until light yellow and fluffy. Add the sweetened condensed milk and stir until smooth.
- In the same bowl, add the flour and salt. Stir until combined.
- Using your hands, roll the dough into 2 tablespoon-sized balls and set aside on a parchment-lined surface. (If the dough is too soft to roll, chill in the fridge for 10 minutes.)
- In 3 shallow dishes, pour turbinado sugar into one dish, red sugar in the second, and brown sugar and cinnamon in the third. Stir brown sugar and cinnamon to combine, crushing any large sugar lumps.
- One ball at a time, press dough into desired decorating sugar and flatten slightly. Place the cookie dough, sugar side up on the baking sheet. Repeat and place each cookie about 1-inch apart. You may need 2 sheets or to do these in 2 batches.
- Place baking sheet with cookies in the oven and bake until cookies are cooked through and golden-brown on the bottom. 13-14 min.
- Transfer to a cooling rack until cool to the touch.
- Eat allllllll the cookies. Go on. We won’t judge.
Need more sweet recipes to get you through this holiday season? This Lemon Berry Swirl Cheesecake Recipe takes the (cheese)cake!