The Best Ever Mulled Wine Recipe! November 29, 2018
Glögg: A hot spiced or mulled wine and liquor punch served in Scandinavian countries as a holiday drink. (Can you say yum?!)
Mulled wine, Glühwein, Glögg… No matter which way you slice it (or pour it), we’ve got a winter warm-up that’s perfect for cozy nights in or holiday parties! This warming winter cocktail will fill your home with the scent of the holidays. It’s so delicious that your guests will never know how easy this recipe is. The best part? Your guests can help themselves to the pot or you can garnish and serve it up as fancy as you please.
Clementine Mulled Wine
Prep 20 min
- 750-mL bottle of red wine (we recommend a Merlot or Cabernet Sauvignon)
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- 4 whole cloves
- 3 star anise
- Peel of 2 clementines
- Juice of 6 clementines
- Slices of clementines, for garnish
- Cinnamon sticks, for garnish
- Combine the wine, honey, 2 cinnamon sticks, clove, star anise, clementine peel, and juice in a medium saucepan set over medium-high heat. Bring to a simmer, then reduce the heat to low.
- Let the mixture heat up for at least 15 min before serving.
- Serve in mugs or mason jars and garnish with fresh clementine slices and cinnamon sticks. Bottoms up!
Serving Tip: If you’re serving mulled wine at a holiday party, keep it in a slow-cooker over low heat so your guests can help themselves. Leave a ladle and a small plate next to the slow-cooker for clean and easy serving. You can even set up a DIY garnish bar for an insta-worthy wine moment.
If you’re in need of another delicious and seasonal drink, try this Easy Pumpkin Spice Latte Recipe. If you want to give it a kick, we recommend Amaretto or Baileys. Happy sipping!