Lemon Berry Swirl Mini Cheesecake RecipeOctober 14, 2018
Sweet and oh-so-creamy cheesecake makes a perfect dessert (or snack) for every occasion. We shrunk your classic cheesecake down in size and added a delicious, fruity twist. The best part? You won’t even need to share! Everyone gets a their own bite with this mini cheesecake recipe.
These fun-sized cheesecakes are topped with berries and a have a hint of lemon. Plus, it’s got a cookie crust that’s to die for. Trust us when we say this mini cheesecake recipe will have you in dessert bliss in no time!
Lemon Berry Swirl Mini Cheesecake
For the Berry Swirl:
- 1 cup frozen mixed berries
- 2 tablespoons sugar
For the Crust:
- 150g chocolate chip cookies
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
For the Cheesecake Filling:
- 260g cream cheese (brick), softened
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 large eggs
- 3 tablespoons heavy cream
- 2 teaspoons lemon extract
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Pinch of kosher salt
To Make the Berry Swirl
- Place the berries and sugar in a small pot and cook over medium-low heat, stirring occasionally, for 5-10 minutes, until syrupy.
- Puree in a food chopper and strain. Cool completely.
To Make the Crust
- Place the crackers and sugar (if using) in the bowl of a food processor, and process finely.
- Stir in the olive oil or melted butter.
- Place about a tablespoon of the mixture into the each of the wells a lightly greased mini-cheesecake pan.
To Make the Cheesecake Filling
- Preheat the oven to 300 degrees F.
- Place the cream cheese, sugar, and cornstarch in a large mixing bowl, and beat on medium speed (using the paddle attachment), until smooth. Add the eggs, one at a time, scraping the bottom and sides of the bowl with a silicone spatula after each addition. Stir in the cream, extract(s), and salt.
- Divide the mixture equally between the wells of the pan. Drizzle with about a teaspoon of berry sauce and swirl with a toothpick.
- Bake for 22-25 minutes, or until set around the edges, but still a little jiggly in the centre.
- Chill completely before unmolding.
In the market for some more dessert recipes? We’ve got 4 Fruit Desserts we know you’ll love!