The Best Homemade Pumpkin Spice Latte Recipe For Fall September 6, 2019
Sure, you could order this fall favourite at a coffee shop. But let’s be honest — it’s FAR more fun (and budget-friendly) to make a pumpkin spice latte at home. It’s surprisingly simple too!
If you’re anything like us, you’ve probably been dreaming of fall colours, cozy drinks, and the beginning of sweater weather. If a pumpkin spice latte could talk, it would scream FALL! It’s a fall staple for a reason. Not only is there pumpkin, but there’s maple syrup and cinnamon and nutmeg and allspice and all the warming flavours that taste like Thanksgiving and feel like one big friendly bear hug. The extra coffee doesn’t hurt either.
Celebrate the beginning of the season by whipping up this delicious pumpkin spice latte recipe. Once you do, you’ll wonder how you ever lived without it (or ever paid $6 for one). The best part? Homemade pumpkin spice lattes are available year-round!
- For the drink:
- 2 Tablespoons Canned Pumpkin
- 1/2 Teaspoon Pumpkin Pie Spice
- 1 Teaspoon Maple Syrup
- 1 1/2 Tablespoons Pure Vanilla Extract
- 2 Cups Whole Milk
- 1 Cup Coffee
- 1/4 Cup Heavy Cream, whipped
- For the spice blend:
- 2 Tablespoons Cinnamon
- 1 Tablespoon Ground Ginger
- 1 Teaspoon Ground Allspice
- 1/2 Teaspoon Ground Cloves
- 1/4 Teaspoon Ground Nutmeg
*Makes 2 servings
- Add pumpkin purée and spice blend to a small saucepan over medium heat. Cook until warm, 2-3 minutes.
- Whisk in maple syrup, vanilla extract, and milk. Heat until warm, watching carefully to make sure it doesn’t boil over.
- Remove from heat and pour into a blender. Cover and blend until smooth, about 10 seconds.
- Divide coffee between two mugs and add pumpkin mixture. Top with whipped cream and a sprinkle of pumpkin pie spice or plain cinnamon.