Raspberry Elderflower Mocktail Recipe February 19, 2019
We know you’re dreaming of warmer weather and long summer days. Until the clouds part, soak up your own bit of sunshine with this Elderflower mocktail recipe that will have you oo-ing and ahh-ing with each and every sip.
Elderflower has been all the rage since being featured in a certain royal wedding cake last year. We’re not surprised as these delicate blossoms scream spring. So if you didn’t get a wedding invite and can’t wait for spring to roll around, we’ve come up with a simple and delicious way to enjoy this floral beauty today.
This Raspberry Elderflower Mocktail Recipe is complete with cranberry and apple juice, plus a dash of elderflower syrup — which, if you haven’t tried before, can best be described as sunshine in a glass. It’s floral, fragrant, and strong enough to hold its own when in the company of other bold fruit juices.
The best part? This easy, alcohol-free drink is perfect for all times, occasions, and ages — because let’s be honest, everyone will want a taste of this fruity and floral wonder.
Here’s what you’ll need:
- 1/2 cup fresh raspberries
- 1/3 cup elderflower syrup
- 3/4 cup + 2 tablespoons cranberry juice
- 1 cup apple juice
- Ice cubes
- 1 lime, sliced (for garnish)
Here’s what you’ll do:
1. Mash raspberries using a mortar and pestle. If you don’t have those tools, no worries — a large fork and bowl will do.
2. Add the elderflower syrup, cranberry juice, and apple juice in a cocktail shaker with about 1/3 of the mashed raspberries.
3. Shake, shake, shake! Then pour into a tall glass with ice and top with remaining raspberry puree.
4. Garnish with a lime slice and enjoy your insta-worthy creation!