The Best Thanksgiving Stuffing Recipe October 7, 2019
The only stuffing recipe you’ll ever need. Promise.
Thanksgiving is here and there’s no way we weren’t going to pull out ALL the stops for a holiday that’s all about food (and giving thanks… but you know we love the food). Apple and cranberries are the stars in this showstopping stuffing recipe. Sweet, nutty and gloriously golden on top, this stuffing will give your turkey a serious run for its money.
The Only Thanksgiving Stuffing Recipe You Need:
- 1/2 White baguette
- 3 Slices of White Bread
- 1 Onion, Yellow
- 2 Celery Stalks
- 65g Cranberries, Dried
- 1 Red Apple
- 7g Sage
- 2 Garlic Cloves, Peeled
- 1 Chicken Stock Concentrate
- 1 Egg
- 8 Tbsp Butter
- 2 tsp Nutmeg
- PREHEAT AND PREP: Wash and dry all produce. Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Lightly grease a baking dish with butter (we used ½ TBSP butter in an 8 x 11-inch baking dish). Halve, peel, and dice the onion. Mince garlic. Finely dice the celery. Pick sage leaves from stems and finely chop; discard stems. Core apple then cut into ¼-inch cubes. Cut baguettes and white bread into ½-inch pieces.
- TOAST BREAD: Place baguette and white bread pieces on a baking sheet. Toast in oven until very dry, crisp, and golden, about 15 minutes.
- COOK VEGGIES: Melt 8 TBSP butter in a large pot over medium-high heat. Add onion, garlic, and celery. Cook, tossing, until translucent and very soft, 5-7 minutes. Stir in spices and sage. Cook until fragrant, 30 seconds. Season with salt and pepper.
- SOAK STUFFING: Stir cranberries, apple, and toasted bread into pot. Pour water into pot, ¼ cup a time, until bread is moist but not soggy—you may need up to 400 ml. Stir in stock concentrates. Poke the bread with a wooden spoon to break up some of the pieces. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Beat 1 egg with a fork in a small bowl, then stir into the pot.
- BAKE STUFFING: Transfer contents of the pot to greased baking dish. Bake in the oven until golden and crisp on top and tender on the bottom, about 30-40 minutes.
- COOL AND SERVE: Let your stuffing cool a few minutes,, then serve with your favourite Thanksgiving dishes.