5 Unique Twists for Corn On The Cob! June 6, 2019
Corn on the cob is a summer classic, so let’s get corny with these 5 unique twists on classic corn on the cob!
Whether you’ve got a sweet tooth or a desire for fire, deliciousness awaits you with these a-maize-ing corn on the cob recipes.
How to cook corn on the cob:
Before venturing into the world of rubs and flavours, you’ll want to cook your corn. There are SO many different ways to cook your cobs, so pick whichever method you fancy.
- BOILED: Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Husk, then drop in your ears of corn and boil for 5 minutes. Tada! That’s it. (Pro Tip: Get that smoky BBQ flavour by charring the corn on the stove top)
- BAKED: Preheat your oven to 450°F. Wrap your husked corn in aluminum foil, then bake for 20-25 minutes.
- MICROWAVED: Husk your corn and wrap in a moist paper towel. Microwave for 4-5 minutes. You can also leave the husk instead of wrapping in a paper towel!
- GRILLED: Heat your BBQ/grill to high. Tightly wrap your husked corn in aluminum foil. Grill 25-30 minutes, turning occasionally until corn is tender.
Now your corn is ready for a burst of flavour! (Or five)
Mexican-Style Corn On The Cob
The crowning glory of our Mexican-inspired rub is Cotija cheese, a dry firm cheese from Mexico. A firm Greek feta will also do the trick!
- 1 Lime, zested and juiced
- Cilantro, roughly chopped
- Cotija or Feta Cheese
In a bowl, combine the mayo and lime juice. Rub into the corn kernels, then cook on a griddle or BBQ for a few minutes. Remove and top with cilantro, paprika, lime zest and cheese.
Indian-Style Corn On The Cob
- Coconut Oil
- Curry Powder (whichever type you prefer)
- Sesame Seeds, toasted
Canadian-Style Corn On The Cob
- Salted Butter
- High quality Maple Syrup
Spicy, Asian-Inspired Corn On The Cob:
- Hoisin Sauce
- Spring Onions, chopped
- Chilli Flakes (as many as you can handle!)
Italian-Inspired Corn On The Cob:
- Basil pesto (homemade is best)
- Parmesan Cheese, grated
If you need inspiration for a main dish, this Garlic Lemon Chicken is a perfect pairing with corn! And since you’ve already heated up the grill for these corn on the cob recipes, why not check out more ways to Grill Vegetables.