Guacamole Recipes That’ll Knock Your Socks Off! July 31, 2018
Holy Guacamole From a chunky classic to a bacon showstopper, we’ve got guacamole recipes for every occasion. Give one of these a go – they’ll guac your world!
The Classic Guac
You can’t go wrong with a classic! Our list of guacamole recipes would not be complete without this truly classic guac.
- ½ red onion, very finely chopped
- 1-2 Serrano chilies or other fresh green chilies, finely chopped
- 1-2 tsp salt
- 3 ripe Hass avocados
- Juice of 1-2 limes
- A small handful fresh cilantro, chopped (optional)
- Put a quarter of the onion and half the chili and salt in a pestle and mortar and mash to a rough paste.
- Cut open the avocados, remove the stones and scoop out the flesh into the pestle (or into a large bowl if your pestle is small). Roughly mash the flesh with a fork, adding half the lime juice as you go.
- Stir in the rest of the lime juice and chilies, cilantro, red onion and tomato.
- Season with plenty of black pepper and salt (only if more salt is needed)
- Serve with tortilla chips.
Pro Tip: Try your guac with our top-rated Turkey Burrito Bowl.
The Basil Guac
Packed with fresh basil and tomatoes, this one’s basil-cally an Italian twist on our favourite avo dip.
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- 4 ripe Hass avocados
- 1/4 cup finely chopped red onion
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- Juice from 1 lemon
- 1/2 cup finely chopped basil
- Preheat oven to 400ºF.
- Toss halved tomatoes with olive oil and a pinch of salt and pepper.
- Place tomatoes in a single layer on a lined baking sheet. Roast until soft, 12-15 minutes.
- Remove and set aside to let cool.
- Meanwhile, halve and pit avocados, then scoop out flesh into a bowl. Add red onion, garlic, and lemon juice.
- Use a fork or potato masher to mash ingredients together.
- Add basil and 3/4 of the roasted tomatoes. Gently mix together.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper, and top with remaining roasted tomatoes before serving.
The Bacon Guac
It has avocado AND bacon! ‘Nuff said.
- 4 large ripe avocados, halved and seeded
- 6 slices of bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1 lime, juiced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1/4 tsp crushed red pepper (more or less to taste)
- 3 green onions, sliced
- 1/4 cup- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1/2 roma tomato, diced
- Spoon avocados into a medium bowl and mash together with a fork, leaving as chunky as you’d like.
- Add lime juice, garlic salt, salt and pepper, crushed red pepper, and combine.
- Then stir in feta cheese, bacon crumbles and green onion.
The Creamy Guac
Avocados and Greek yogurt unite in this double-dip worthy guac.
- 1 ripe avocado, diced
- ¼ cup Greek yogurt
- ¼ cup red onion, diced
- 1 tablespoon cilantro, chopped
- ¼ cup tomatoes, diced
- ½ teaspoon jalapeño, minced
- 1 teaspoon lime juice
- sprinkle of salt and pepper to taste
- Combine all of the ingredients in a medium bowl.
- Mix to combine making sure not to mash up all of the avocado.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Serve immediately with your favourite chips
Fancy a drink? Try these Colourful Margarita Recipes!