Tahini Oat Bites with Quaker®July 7, 2019
These Tahini Oat Bites are the perfect homemade, no-bake snack for any time of day.
- Low in saturated and trans fats: A healthy diet low in saturated and trans fats may reduce the risk of heart disease. Quaker® oatmeal is low in saturated and trans fats.
- Wholesome whole grains: The Canada Food Guide recommends including whole grains as a part of a healthy eating pattern. All oats are 100% whole grain and are a fast, easy way to squeeze the grains into your diet.
- Full of fibre: Oats contain beta glucan, a soluble fibre that helps lower cholesterol, which is a risk factor for heart disease. One serving (30g) of Quaker® Quick Oats supplies 40% of the daily amount of fibres shown to help lower cholesterol!
Oats are also a source of energy, so grab some of these oat bites for a nutritious way to help get you going. The best part? These bites are endlessly customizable, jam-packed with feel-good ingredients, and naturally sweetened! Basically, they’re the perfect snack. You’re welcome!
Tahini Oat Bites
WHAT YOU NEED:
- 1/2 Cup Quaker® Large Flake Oats
- 1/2 Cup Tahini
- 3 Tablespoons Honey
- 1/2 Cup Unsweetened Coconut
- 1 Teaspoon Cinnamon
- 56g Dried Apricots
- 28g Pistachios
Roll dough into 16 equal, 1 tbsp-sized, round bites. To a parchment-lined baking sheet, add bites and set aside.
To a shallow dish, add coconut. Working with one bite at a time, roll into coconut, pressing gently, until coated. Return coconut-covered bites to the parchment-lined baking sheet when covered. Repeat with remaining bites until all are coconut are covered.
FINISH AND SERVE
Chill bites in the fridge, until firm, 30 mins-1 hour. The bites will keep in an airtight container in the fridge (for 1 week) or freezer (for 1 month).
PRO TIP: Make them in bulk and store in the fridge for a go-to snack any time of the day. Future you will appreciate it.
Keep the oat party going!
Visit quakeroats.ca for more unique ways to incorporate oats into your recipes or try some of these oat-tastic homemade recipes:
The perfect pairing for your oat bites. Not only is homemade oat milk more delicious than anything you could find on a supermarket shelf, but it also gives you total control over sweetness and consistency – all at a fraction of the cost.
Why settle for sugary, store-bought granola mixes when we’ve got 4 quick and easy 4 oat-filled homemade granola recipes that will rock your world?