3 Playful Snack Ideas For Kids August 5, 2020
Picky eaters may have just met their match, which means parents are about to meet their new snack time go-to’s. Then again, these snack ideas for kids are so adorable, why limit it to just the little ones?
Getting fruits and veggies into those tiny tummies can sometimes feel like running a marathon. Underwater. Blindfolded.
But these playful snack ideas for kids are here to change that. So sit back and watch as the little ones assemble and devour every bear, fish, and turtle in sight without a second thought — AND clamour for seconds. But the best part? You won’t hear a peep out of them ’till dinner, because these snacks are hearty enough to stave off all the late afternoon snack cravings and stomach grumblings.
As always, don’t forget to tag #HelloFreshLife! You better believe we want to see your animal kingdoms of deliciousness.
1. Bear Toast
Whether you’re on team sweet or savoury, these bear toasts are a sure-win come breakfast or after-school snack time.
- Peanut Butter
- Chocolate Spread
- Cream Cheese
- Whole Wheat Bread, toasted
- Banana Slices
- Spread peanut butter, chocolate, or cream cheese on toasted bread.
- Add banana slices for the ears and nose.
- Place two blueberries for eyes, and add one blueberry on top of the banana to complete the nose.
- Drizzle with honey before serving.
2. Citrus Fish With Blueberry Bubbles
Pucker those lips like a fish and devour these citrusy, nautical treats.
- Orange Slices
- Candy Eyes
- Reserve a handful of whole orange slices for the body of the fish.
- Cut the remainder into eighths for the fins.
- Place one candy eye on each slice, then add three blueberries by the front of each fish to resemble bubbles.
3. Kiwi Apple Turtles
It’s all green everything for this snack, with the big turtles getting green apples as bodies and the kiddos, kiwis.
- Peeled Kiwi Slices
- Halved, Cored Green Apples
- Green Grapes
- Candy Eyes
- To peel kiwi, slice off one end of the kiwi (about 1/2 inch) and insert a large spoon between the peel and flesh to scoop out the fruit.
- Lay each kiwi slice and apple round flat, and place a grape at one end of each for the head.
- Cut some grapes into quarters for feet, and others into slices for the tail. (TIP: If your animals aren’t staying intact, feel free to hold the fruit together with toothpicks.)
- Stick candy eyes onto the grapes with a drop of honey.
Looking for more delicious snack ideas? Check out these Easy Snack Ideas for On-The-Go.