Kitchen Hacks You Can’t Live Without September 3, 2019
The kitchen hacks you’ll hold on to for life. We bet you never knew you could peel ginger with a teaspoon…
At HelloFresh, our culinary team creates recipes you can cook easily at home, recipes that you can trust will be a hit around the dinner table every time. We asked our team to share their best kitchen hacks – Kitchen hacks that are so clever you’ll wonder how you lived without them!
5 Kitchen Hacks You Can’t Live Without:
1. Avocado Hack
Try this hack before giving up on the insta-worthy ingredient.
- Cut a ripe avocado in half and remove the stone
- Holding a large tumbler glass in one hand, and one half of the avocado in the other, push the edge of the avocado against the rim of the glass
2. Ginger Hack
To help you navigate the knobbly bits of your ginger.
- Peel ginger with the back of a teaspoon (instead of a peeler) to save you from wasting any flavourful bits before you chop it
Try this hack in our Ginger Beef Stir-Fry.
3. Stale Bread Hack
Revive stale bread so you can cut back on waste!
- Place the bread in a baking tray and cover with a little bit of water
- Bake at 350°F and bake for 8 minutes until crusty
4. Cold Butter Hack
For when your butter is too cold to spread.
- Cold butter? Grate it with a box grater
- Put it straight onto a piece of hot toast and watch it melt away
5. Garlic Hack
To peel your garlic without the hassle.
- Place your unpeeled garlic cloves into a sealed jar – old jam jars work well
- Give the jar a good shake until the garlic skin is removed
You’ll definitely be thanking us for this tip once you try it in our Garlicky Shrimp recipe.
Bonus – Egg Hack
Same thing! It’s time to get your egg hack on.
- Repeat the garlic hack for hard boiled eggs with their shells on
- Place water in an airtight container with the eggs, shake and peel
Searching for more tips and tricks? We’ve got you covered with 18 GENIUS hacks and charts so you can rule the kitchen in no time!