3 Deliciously Decadent Hot Chocolate Recipes January 22, 2020
Winter isn’t over just yet! Power through the remaining weeks of winter with three delicious, chocolatey, toasty warm hot chocolate recipes.
Classic Hot Chocolate
You can never go wrong with a classic. This delicious velvety smooth hot chocolate recipe is perfect when you’re in need of something delicious, comforting, and familiar.
- 3 Cups Milk
- 4 Ounces Dark Chocolate (bittersweet or semisweet, to taste)
- 2 Sticks Cinnamon
- 3 Teaspoons Honey
- 2 Teaspoons Brown Sugar
- 2 Teaspoons Vanilla Extract
- 1 Cup Whipping Cream
- 1 Ounce Sugar
*Makes 3 Servings
- Heat milk in a saucepan, adding chocolate (in small pieces), cinnamon sticks, honey, and sugar.
- Beat gently until chocolate is melted.
- Add vanilla and mix well with a small hand whisk.
- Remove cinnamon sticks and let cool slightly before pouring.
- Add whipped cream ingredients (whipping cream and sugar) to a bowl and use a mixer to whip until high peaks form and the consistency is firm and fluffy for about 1 minute.
Salted Caramel Hot Chocolate
Spruce up your hot chocolate with a fun and indulgent twist on a classic. Just add your favourite store-bought salted caramel sauce to our classic hot chocolate recipe and voila! Feeling extra fancy? Make your own salted caramel sauce using our recipe below.
- 2.5 Ounces Unsalted Butter
- 1.5 Ounces Light Brown Sugar
- 1.5 Ounces Castor Sugar
- 1.5 Ounces Golden Syrup
- .5 Cups Whipped Cream
- 1 Teaspoon Fleur De Sel
*Makes 6 Servings
- Melt butter, sugars, and syrup in a small pan and let simmer 3 minutes, swirling regularly.
- Add cream and half teaspoon of fleur de sel, and swirl another minute.
- Add more fleur de sel to taste.
- Let cool slightly before pouring over hot chocolate.
Spiked Hot Chocolate
Looking for something a little more…sophisticated? When in need of something a little extra, we’d recommend adding 1-ounce rum to the classic hot chocolate base for a kick.
Feeling some seasonal sniffles that these hot chocolate recipes just won’t fix? Don’t let these symptoms get you down this winter. Try these cold remedies that actually work!