The Creamiest Mushroom Tagliatelle August 7, 2019
This creamy tagliatelle is the thing pasta dreams are made of!
Long day? Too tired to cook? We know the feeling. With a 20-min cook time, this deliciously simple dish is the perfect recipe if you’re in a hurry to get dinner on the table.
Mushroom Tagliatelle with Stroganoff Sauce and Broccoli
- 1 Head of Broccoli
- 1 Medium Onion
- 200g Tagliatelle
- 1.5 Tsp Paprika
- 250g Mushrooms
- 1/2 Lemon
- 2 Tbsp Ketchup
- 3 Tbsp Sour Cream
- 1 Tbsp Worchester
- 75ml Water
- Cut the broccoli into bite-sized pieces. Thinly slice the mushrooms. Halve, peel and finely chop the onion. Zest the lemon. Put a large saucepan of water with a pinch of salt on to boil for the pasta.
- Heat a drizzle of oil in a frying pan over high heat. Add the mushrooms and a pinch of salt and fry until browned, stirring occasionally, 5 mins. TIP: You don’t want to overcrowd the pan as the mushrooms will sweat. Do this in batches if you need to.
- Add the tagliatelle to the pan of boiling water. After 3 mins, add the broccoli to the same pan. Cook for a further 3-4 mins, until the broccoli and pasta are both cooked, then drain in a colander.
- Once the onion has softened, turn the heat to low. Add the ketchup, paprika, water, a squeeze of lemon juice, a pinch of lemon zest and the Worcester sauce. Stir and cook for a few mins to thicken up. Add salt and pepper to taste. When there is only a little liquid left, add the sour cream and give everything a good stir.
- Toss the pasta and broccoli into the sauce. Serve the pasta in bowls. Bon Appétit!