How To Make Eggs BenedictApril 18, 2019
Skip the brunch lineups and impress your friends and family with this simple recipe for how to make eggs benedict.
There are few things as satisfying as perfectly poached egg paired with a silky hollandaise sauce. The thought of poaching eggs at home may be daunting, but we promise our recipe for how to make eggs benedict will have you enjoying this brunch classic at home in no time!
How To Make Eggs Benedict
- 1 Egg
- 8 Tablespoons White Wine Vinegar
- Bring a saucepan filled with water to a gentle boil
- Add white wine vinegar to the saucepan and stir together.
- Crack an egg into a small bowl and gently pour into the boiling water. Stir water around to help the egg keep its shape.
- Boil egg 4-5 minutes on medium-high heat.
- Remove egg from the water with a slotted spoon
- Repeat for the number of eggs desired.
- 1 Extra Large Egg
- 1 Tablespoon Lemon Juice
- 1 Tablespoon Water
- 4 Tablespoon Butter, melted
- Salt and Pepper
- Separate egg white from the yolk by carefully cracking the egg and passing the yolk between the eggshell halves, letting the whites fall into a bowl. (Save these for an egg-white scramble!)
- Set a heatproof bowl over a pot of boiling water. Add the egg yolk.
- Add lemon juice and water, then whisk over low heat. Allow the egg to slowly cook. Once it thickens and becomes slightly frothy, remove bowl from heat.
- Add butter in spoonfuls, whisking constantly until well combined.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
Assemble the Eggs Benedict:
- 2 English Muffins, halved and toasted
- 4 Poached Eggs
- 4 Slices Smoked Salmon
- Hollandaise Sauce
- Salt and Pepper
- Dill (optional)
- Top each English muffin half with smoked salmon, then gently add a poached egg.
- Spoon Hollandaise sauce over each egg.
- Season with salt and pepper and garnish with dill.
In search of some more insta-worthy homemade brunch ideas? We highly recommend this Avocado Rose Toast.