3 Surprising Things You Didn’t Know You Could Grill July 17, 2020
There are so many things we bet you didn’t know you could grill. Check ’em out here!
Summer is the season of grilling! While you can’t go wrong with the classics like a steak or burger – the grill has so much more to offer! From breakfast to dessert, grilling is a great way to add major summer flavour to your meals. Today we’re sharing 3 surprising foods you didn’t know you could grill.
1. Foil-Packed Banana On The Grill
This recipe sure is B-A-N-A-N-A-S. Maximize your grill this summer and use it to whip up this decadent dessert!
- 1 Banana
- Aluminum Foil
- Chocolate Chips
- Marshmallow Fluff
- Graham Crackers
- Any other toppings of your choosing! (Ice cream, sprinkles, melted peanut butter, chocolate syrup, etc.)
- Place a peeled, ripe banana in a large piece of aluminum foil.
- Use a paring knife and slice, lengthwise, ¾ of the way through.
- Fill banana with chocolate chips (or go the extra mile and chop up a candy bar) and marshmallow fluff.
- Tightly wrap in the foil.
- Grill on medium-high heat for about 5 minutes.
- Unwrap and crumble graham crackers on top.
- Make it a la mode for a take on a warm banana split.
A crowd-favourite Caprese salad gets a summertime makeover with the help of a little heat. Slices of creamy mozzarella fit snugly between layers of juicy tomato. No flipping or toying necessary, making this recipe the perfect no-fuss summertime treat. Just let the grill work its magic!
- Minced Garlic
- Olive Oil
- Make 5 slices in a tomato, 3/4 of the way through.
- Slide in slices of mozzarella.
- Finely chop basil and parsley.
- In a small bowl, combine basil and parsley. Then, add in some minced garlic.
- Whisk it all together with a splash of olive oil.
- Spoon the mixture over the top of the tomato and mozzarella for added flavour (and a pop of green colour!).
We may teach you how to cook your HelloFresh recipes in your kitchen, but that doesn’t mean you can’t take them outside to your grill from time to time. In fact, most of our weekly recipes can be cooked on the grill (okay maybe not the pasta recipes). Whether it’s meat, fish, or vegetarian next time you get a HelloFresh delivery, we suggest you give it a try on the grill!
Or better yet let us do the testing for you and order our Grill Recipes! These made-for-the-grill recipes were designed by the HelloFresh culinary team to help get you outside this summer. Order now!
Want to keep up with the summer cooking trends? Check out these 4 sweet and savoury skewer recipes to make this summer! Get the link here!