Easy Game Day Appetizers January 27, 2020
The Super Bowl is around the corner. A day full of cheering, clinking, and LOTS of tasty food. Chips and dip are nice, but we think you should take your food game up a notch. It doesn’t matter which team you’re cheering for, because all your hungry guests will be fans of these game day appetizers.
1. Buffalo Cauliflower Bites
Vegetarians rejoice — these buffalo cauliflower bites are the perfect snack for the big game. One bite of these delicious cauliflower bites and your taste buds will be dancing.
- 1 Head Cauliflower, chopped into buffalo wing-sized pieces
- 1/2 Cup Rice Flour
- 1/2 Cup Water
- 1 Teaspoon Garlic Powder
- 1/2 Teaspoon Salt
- 1 Teaspoon Melted Butter
- 2/3 Cup Hot Sauce
- Preheat oven to 450ºF. In a medium bowl, combine flour, water, garlic powder, and salt. Whisk together until combined.
- Add cauliflower into mixture, tossing to coat all pieces. Then spread cauliflower on a lightly greased baking sheet. Bake 15 minutes, tossing halfway through.
- While the cauliflower cooks, combine melted butter and hot sauce in a bowl, stirring constantly. When cauliflower is ready, take out of the oven and toss into hot sauce mixture. Add cauliflower back to the baking sheet and cook another 25 minutes, until crispy. Remove from oven and let cool 10-15 minutes. Serve and enjoy!
2. Guacamole Deviled Eggs
Time to guac and roll this Super Bowl Sunday with our Guacamole Deviled Eggs. Let’s be real: adding guacamole to just about anything makes it 10 times better. Score top hosting goals by using fresh chives to decorate each one to look like a little football.
- 5 Eggs, Hard-Boiled
- 1 Avocado
- Lime Juice
- Salt & Pepper
- Chopped Tomatoes
- Hard boil eggs and halve
- Make a guacamole sauce: blend or mash 1 avocado, 1 lime’s juice, salt, pepper, and chopped tomato. Mix well.
- Using a cake pipe (or a plastic bag with the tip cut off), top the eggs
- Sprinkle with paprika and chives (to taste)
3. Loaded Sweet Potatoes
Everyone loves potatoes, so impress your guests with this sweet spin on fully loaded potato skins! These Loaded Sweet Potatoes are stuffed with grilled chicken, bacon, and more. We’d make a double batch because these are going to be a touchdown!
- 4 Medium Sweet Potatoes
- 4 Ounces of Grilled Chicken
- 4 Strips of Bacon
- 2 Scallions
- 2 Tablespoons of Hot Sauce
- Ranch Dressing
- ½ Teaspoon of Salt
- ½ Teaspoon of Pepper
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit
- Poke sweet potatoes with a fork and place on a lightly oiled baking sheet
- Bake sweet potatoes for 35-40 minutes
- Add bacon slices to a skillet over medium-high heat
- ‘Cook until crispy (5-8 minutes)
- Place on a plate with a paper towel to cool and absorb excess fat
- Once cooled, roughly chop
- Add chicken to the pan with bacon grease and cook on medium-high heat for 4-5 minutes per side
- Chop chicken into ½” cubes
- In a medium bowl, mix chicken and bacon bits with hot sauce
- Remove potatoes from the oven
- Scoop out the flesh
- Sprinkle salt and pepper over potatoes
- Fill with diced chicken and bacon bits
- Sprinkle minced scallions over potato skins
- With the ranch dressing, drizzle a pattern similar to the stitching of a football over the potato skins.
If you’re having a larger party for the Big Game, our Game Day Beef Chili is the perfect way to tackle football player-sized appetites!