Cook our Top-Rated Recipe from Hungry Hearts, Starring Annie Murphy!February 24, 2020
What do you cook for someone that’s been MIA for 10 years!? Just ask Annie Murphy in episode 2 of Hungry Hearts.
In the newest episode of Hungry Hearts featuring Annie Murphy, her character, Eve, is faced with the dilemma of what to cook her long lost husband Bartholomeus for their reunion. Good thing she has her son Benicio and HelloFresh to save the day! Our Pan-Seared Steak Au Jus is the answer of course. After all, it’s one of our top-rated recipes for a reason.
Looking to impress? This Pan-Seared Steak Au Jus is sure to get the job done. Even if your partner hasn’t been missing for 10 years, our Pan-Seared Steak Au Jus is perfect for an ordinary weeknight meal. Cook up this Top-Rated Recipe featured in the newest episode of Hungry Hearts in just 30 minutes!
Pan-Seared Steak Au Jus
- 2 Steaks
- 2 Sprigs Green Onions
- 113 g Green Peas
- 1.5 tsp Dijon Mustard
- 6 g Garlic
- 300 g Yellow Potato
- 7 g Dill
- 4 tbsp Mayonnaise
- 9.6 g Beef Broth Concentrate
- 3 tbsp Oil, Divided
- 2 tbsp Butter
- Pinch Salt & Pepper
- Before starting, preheat the oven to 450°F and wash and dry all produce. Cut potatoes into 1-inch pieces. Toss potatoes with 1 tbsp oil on a baking sheet. Season with salt and pepper. Roast in middle of oven, until golden-brown, 25-28 min.
- While potatoes roast, thinly slice green onions. Finely chop 2 tbsp dill. Peel, then mince or grate garlic. Pat steak dry with paper towels, then season with salt and pepper.
- Heat a large non-stick pan over medium-high heat. When hot, add 1 tbsp oil then steak. Pan-fry, until golden-brown, 2-3 min per side. Toss peas with 1 tbsp oil on one half of another baking sheet. Season with salt and pepper. Set aside.
- When steak is golden-brown, remove the pan from heat and transfer steak to the other side of the baking sheet. Roast in top of oven, until steak is cooked to desired doneness, 6-8 min.**
- While steak and peas cook, carefully wipe the same pan clean. Heat the pan over low heat. When hot, add garlic and 2 tbsp butter. Cook, stirring often, until garlic is fragrant and butter melts, 1 min. Add broth concentrate and 1/4 cup water. Stir together, until sauce thickens, 2-3 min.
- Whisk together mayo and mustard in a large bowl. Add potatoes, peas, green onions and dill. Toss together. Thinly slice steak, then divide between plates. Add potato salad and drizzle pan sauce over steak.