Valentine’s Day Breakfast Ideas To Brighten Anyone’s MorningFebruary 11, 2020
Nothing makes someone a morning person more than a heart-shaped meal, made with love. So set your morning alarm for February 14, because these rise and shine Valentine’s Day breakfast recipes are easy-as-can-be.
The heart-happy celebration falls on a Thursday this year so your Valentine’s Day breakfast will call for some speed. Whether you’re cooking for kids before school or a partner before work, trust that these quick and simple labours of love will keep ’em full until lunchtime.
Of course, we couldn’t help but add a little something sweet to the mix. So, if you can’t enjoy the long, luxurious Valentine’s Day brunch you deserve, simply save it for dessert later on.
Bust out your pan for this crowd-pleaser and start the day with some deliciously yolk-y sunshine.
- 1 egg
- 1 slice bread
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 spoonful jam
- Cut a heart-shaped hole in the center of a piece of bread and butter it lightly. TIP: Consider using a heart-shaped cookie cutter if you’d rather not do it freehand.
- Fry the first side in a non-stick pan or cast iron skillet until lightly browned. If there’s extra room in the pan, go ahead and toast the heart cut-out as well.
- Flip the bread to brown the other sides, carefully cracking an egg into the center hole.
- Cook until egg white is set but yolk is not yet hard.
- Remove from pan and spread jam on heart cut-out to taste.
When it comes to this Valentine’s Day breakfast, anything goes. Customize with pomegranate seeds, shredded coconut, almond butter, and more.
- 2 cups greek yogurt
- 1½ cups granola
- 1 banana, sliced
- honey, to taste
- Pour yogurt into a bowl and even the surface.
- Carefully add granola to the top in a concentrated heart. TIP: Consider using a heart-shaped cookie cutter if you’d rather not do it freehand.
- Surround with banana slices and drizzle over with honey.
Really want to wow your valentine? Try making your own granola. It’s easy, we promise!
Hearty Breakfast Sandwich
- 2 slices bread of choice
- Cheese of choice
- 1 Avocado
- Optional: Bacon or other breakfast proteins.
- Peel and slice the avocado and butter up two slices of toast.
- Heat a pan over medium heat.
- Add a slice of toast (butter-side down) to pan and load up with cheese and avocado. Place the second slice on top.
- Carefully flip your sandwich when the bottom is golden-brown and cheese is melted.
- Optional: Cut sandwich into heart shape for an extra wow-factor.
Thinking of making this for brunch or lunchtime? Try whipping up a pumpkin soup and dunk the sandwich to your heart’s delight.
Salted Caramel Sweeties
It’s Valentine’s Day — we couldn’t leave strawberries out of the mix. Combine their perfectly ruby juiciness with smooth chocolate sauce or almond butter to switch things up. They’ll have your taste buds seeing fireworks either way.
- 1 carton strawberries
- 1 cup caramel sauce
- 1 pinch sea salt
- Use a small paring knife to cut around the strawberry stems to fashion each one into a heart shape.
- Dip a small section of the bottom of each strawberry in caramel sauce and sprinkle with sea salt.
After you’ve razzled and dazzled your loved ones with a Valentine’s Day breakfast, really knock their socks off by keeping the romance going into the evening. For dinner, try one of these quick and delicious 20-Minute Recipes.