4 Deliciously Quick BBQ Sauce Recipes August 2, 2018
It’s safe to say that once summer hits, we LOVE our BBQs, which means we’re marinading our meats and slathering everything in saucy BBQ sauce! Have a go at these seriously delicious, homemade BBQ sauce recipes to add some zest to everything you throw on the BBQ.
While it takes serious talent to balance an umbrella while flipping burgers, it couldn’t be easier to knock together one of these deliciously quick BBQ sauce recipes. Easy to make and bursting with flavour, these bbq sauces will transform even the simplest cuts of meat. Even vegetables such as asparagus, zucchini, and eggplant will be begging for a drizzle! And take it from us, these sauces are best served next al fresco dinner in the #FreshOutdoors.
TIP: Use these sauces as marinades for whatever it is you’re cooking for a couple of hours before cooking (for maximum flavour, marinate overnight in the fridge). When it comes to barbecuing, it definitely pays to be a little bit saucy!
If you need some more tips for all things BBQ, don’t fret! We’ve got you covered with these tips on How To Grill (Almost) Everything.
Classic BBQ Sauce with a Lime-y Twist
Best served with chicken and ribs.
- 350g ketchup
- 1 bay leaf
- 3 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tbsp wholegrain mustard
- 1/2 tsp smoked paprika
- the juice of 1 lime
- Tabasco to Taste
- In a pan, mix 350g ketchup, 1 bay leaf, 3 tbsp Worcestershire sauce, 1 tbsp wholegrain mustard, 1/2 tsp smoked paprika, dash of Tabasco, the juice of 1 lime.
- Heat until bubbling and simmer for 2 minutes. Season with salt & pepper to taste.
Yogurt Lime Sauce
For chicken and all things veggie.
- 350g ketchup
- 550ml pint natural organic yogurt
- 2 good handfuls of fresh mint, chopped
- 2 limes, zested and juiced
- 1 tablespoon coriander seeds, crushed
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- Chop the mint and zest and juice the lime.
- Combine all ingredients.
Lime-y Chimichurri Sauce
Best for the beef and fish recipes.
- 30g parsley leaves (a large handful)
- 2 tsp hot chili flakes or to taste
- 2 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp lime juice
- 1 shallot
- Olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic
- A sprig of fresh oregano, leaves removed (optional)
- Chop the garlic, parsley, oregano and shallot very fine or whizz in a food processor.
- Mix in the chili flakes, vinegar, lime juice and olive oil to reach your desired consistency. Season with salt.
Zesty Cuban Style Sauce
For bacon your pork (on the BBQ that is).
- 170ml extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp orange zest
- 170ml fresh orange juice
- 120ml fresh lime juice
- A handful of coriander, finely chopped
- 60g fresh mint leaves, finely chopped
- 8 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp fresh oregano (or 2 tsp dried oregano)
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- Salt and pepper
- Either combine ingredients in a bowl or whizz in a food processor.
Still craving a burger? We don’t blame you. Try this easy Retro Burger with Carmelized Onions.